The hotel personifies the charm and tradition of the turn of the century in one of Cologne’s most attractive classicist buildings – the former museum of music history.
The exterior and interior are harmoniously styled with oriels, marble walls, wall and ceiling paintings, stucco elements and pillared alcoves.
The historic building is now fitted with modern utility elements making it an impressive hotel:
- 900m from the cathedral and main rail station, 15km to Cologne/Bonn Airport
- 400m from the motorway connection to Frankfurt, Oberhausen and Aachen
- opposite KölnMesse and the Rheinpark ferry connection
- 47 rooms (4 junior suites) with 60 beds, in some cases with a view of the Rhine, in a quiet location
- all rooms with bathroom/shower, WC, hairdryer, self-dial telephone, Wireless LAN, fax-modem connection, TV, radio, minibar, desk and room safe
- Air-conditioning: A large part of the rooms as well as the breakfast room are air-conditioned
- atrium breakfast room with select breakfast buffett
- hotel’s own parking facilities
For guests, who want to spend a longer period of time in Cologne, a well-kept, individually designed living atmosphere is on offer here, supplied in the familiar and desired comfort with hotel service: living and sleeping area (bed size 160 x 210 cm), high-quality laminate flooring, quietly situated, with shower/WC, hairdryer, telephone, TV, radio, DVD player, internet connection, mini-bar and room safe (suitable for laptop) as well as completely equipped kitchenette with microwave.
We can recommend various restaurants, all within five minutes’ walk of the hotel:
- Grubers Restaurant
- Restaurant DIX
- Il Ponticello
- La Casona
- Cafe Weißenburg